Interstellar did the impossible and did it well. It managed to top The Hunger Games and Hunger Games: Catching Fire in the box office, and it did so with a much more thoughtful and rational story. It’s hard not to get pulled into the world of Interstellar because you’re just captivated by the story and the incredible visuals.
Everyone has seen the film Interstellar , right? It is a beautiful film that has made waves across the internet. While it may be a classic, it’s not the only mind-bending film out there. These are the films that make you think, or question what you know. From time to time, our mind needs a boost, if only to think about the world around us.
Humans are living in an era where science fiction films are becoming more realistic. Scientific advancements are running rampant, and the world of movies is showing us ways to improve our lives. Films like Interstellar, The Martian, The Theory of Everything, and Gravity, all show us how our lives could be if we were to live in different parts of the world. They show us the benefits of expanding our horizons by witnessing how other people live.
It would be difficult for you to devote some free time to watching movies when you get older. Still, there are certain films that are not only worth your time but also provide you with a lot of food for thought for the rest of your life. In this respect, Interstellar is the finest. Fans of Christopher Nolan’s “Interstellar” will be pleased to learn that he has a new film in the works.
For lovers of the intergalactic series, there are a plethora of films to choose from. Christopher Nolan is a well-known filmmaker who enjoys playing with the minds of his audience. Due to their distinctive characteristics and narrative, films like that are unmatched. The greatest mind-blowing films, such as Interstellar, are included here.
Interstellar is one of the best mind-bending movies ever made.
People are figuring out a new method to save their planet from becoming extinct. There are grave concerns that the supplies may run out shortly. That would be disastrous for mankind. The goal of interstellar films is to discover a new planet for humanity. Scientists are searching for a new planet that can support a huge number of people.
In this post, I’ll discuss the top 35 movies that fans of Interstellar like. These films also represent the audience’s mental prowess.
The following is a list of the 35 greatest mind-bending films like Interstellar. These films are ethically great and packed with life lessons. You will learn all there is to know about these films.
The Fountain is number one (2006)
The Fountain is a film that has several plot lines. This film will be a cemetery of secrets for you. Suspense, action, thrills, and emotions abound in the fountain. Let’s get to the bottom of this Interstellar movie’s plot.
- In this film, a guy (Hugh Jackman) tries to preserve his love’s life (Rachel Weisz). Hugh was on the lookout for immortality.
- Hugh Jackman, Rachel Weisz, and a traveler are the three major characters in the fountain.
- The film is a combination of death and love. Hugh wanted to save her cancer-stricken loved one.
- You’ll discover the traveler on a quest to reclaim his or her long-lost sweetheart.
2. Original Source Code (2011)
Another film that Christopher has created for his audience is Source Code. Colter Stevens, a helicopter pilot, is the protagonist in this tale. What’s the backstory behind Source Code?
- Colter served in the military as a captain. He set out on a quest to savor and enjoy the last moments of a terrible terrorist’s life.
- Colter’s ultimate goal was to determine the causes and consequences of the bombings.
- You’ll also see that Colter attempted to predict the following bombing attack’s timing and location.
- The plot of the film revolves on rescuing mankind from the fatal assaults that have grown commonplace in recent years.
- Finally, Colter recognized that he could change the negative circumstances by using a number of innovative ideas.
3. The Looper (2012)
Looper is a mind-bending film with happenings and a narrative that will leave you speechless.
In this film, you’ll witness how the looper (Joe) can execute the victims who have been transported back in time by the fantastic crowds. The looper is paying dearly for his wrongdoings here. The filmmakers have also indicated that time-travel devices would be available soon. Those devices (loopers) will carry out your instructions.
Everything was well until the mobs decided to send Joe back in time as their target. What occurred next is a well guarded secret for you. You’ll have to see the whole movie to find out what happens in the conclusion.
Cloud Atlas (No. 4) (2012)
The six generations are the focus of the film. Every generation has made a concerted effort to investigate the effects of human activities on the lives of their loved ones. These generations were curious in the origins of the modern world and its consequences for human life.
You’ll also discover how a random act of kindness may lead to a revolution over generations. The narrative is made up of six historical occurrences. You’ll also learn about the long-term effects of human activities on their populations.
Blade Runner 2049 is the fifth film in the Blade Runner franchise (2017)
Blade Runner is a science fiction picture that has proven to be worthwhile to see. What is the plot of the film Blade Runner?
- This detective film’s plot focuses around a central character.
- Here, Ryan Gosling, a blade runner, set out to extinguish the existence of all those who sought to alter the global order.
- Ryan revealed the details of those who attempted to endanger the world’s security. Ryan completed his task successfully.
- His accomplishment prompted him to move on to other important issues.
- Ryan also attempted to track down the original blade runner, Rick Deckard, who went missing almost three decades ago.
6. Memorabilia (2000)
Christopher Nolan’s Memento is yet another huge success. Because of its narrative, Memento garnered a lot of attention and recognition.
- The protagonist in this tale is a guy. The guy is on a quest to locate his wife’s murderer. He was unable to create new memories as a result of this.
- Leonard was the guy who searched every nook and cranny of the globe for his wife’s murderer.
- Leonard was doing well in accordance with his goal until he encountered a major stumbling block.
- Leonard’s memories was wiped clean. The hardest part of his memory loss was that he began forgetting about his recent past.
- Before his accident, Leonard was aware of what had occurred. But he couldn’t remember what had occurred an hour before.
- Leonard’s trip became a little more difficult as a result of it.
7 Monkeys 12 Monkeys (2015)
12 Monkey is a well-known science fiction film. 12 Monkey is an Interstellar film in which you can witness how someone travels across time.
James Cole is the central character in the tale. In this mind-bending Interstellar film, James Cole plays the main role. In this film, we’ll learn about James Cole’s goal.
James, who was born in the 2030s, aspired to live in the 1990s. James is also tasked with gathering information on a new disease. People thought that the budding disease would wreak havoc on humanity’s fundamental survival. However, James’ quest was made more difficult by the medical gatekeepers’ lack of collaboration.
The Cell (#8) (2000)
The Cell is a fascinating film that is regarded as one of the greatest science fiction films ever made.
The tale follows a psychologist (Catherine Deane) who is on the hunt for a serial murderer. Catherine did all he could to track out the killer’s most recent victim. The ultimate goal of a psychologist’s job was to save the victim’s life.
Catherine was known for his magical talents, such as reading people’s thoughts while they were sleeping. Catherine might use a new transcendental science to test her theories.
Shutter Island (nine) (2010)
The plot of Shutter Island revolves on two partners. The primary characters in this Interstellar film are Federal Marshall Teddy Daniels and his new colleague Chuck Aule. At Shutter Island, they both embarked on a mission. Their goal was to locate a missing patient (Rachel Solando) at a government-run correctional facility.
Daniels and Aule have begun their investigation in this regard. Solando is responsible for the deaths of her three children. She was committed to the detention center. But then she vanished into thin air. Daniels was also dealing with the loss of her loving wife, as well as the aftermath of WWII.
Both have learned that their trip to Shutter Island is full with obstacles while on the way there. Daniels and Aule also discovered that their investigation is flawed. They quickly discovered, however, that the federal institution was obstructing their inquiry.
That prompted Daniels and Aule to reveal Shutter Island’s secret mystery.
Tenet No. 10 (2020)
The central theme of Christopher Nolan’s films is supposition. Tenet is one example of this (2020). In this film, speculation proves to be true science fiction in the end. What goes on in Tenet? Let’s learn more about it.
- Tenet follows the same plot as the rest of the Interstellar films.
- A covert spy is stationed here with the goal of preventing future assaults that will be catastrophic to mankind.
- The secret spy wanted to alter the flow of time in order to delay the world’s annihilation.
- Tenet is the name of the organization or platform via which the secret spy completed his time diversion operation.
The Matrix (#11) (1999)
Christopher Nolan’s film The Matrix is one of his most well-known works. The Matrix is a simulation of reality. The plot of the film is set in the future. The plot centers on the idea that mankind would soon be caught in the Matrix’s trap.
- Artificial intelligence has risen in prominence as a result of its never-ending inventions and discoveries. The matrix also implies that the technology is the same.
- The Matrix was developed by intelligent computers to change the path of human life.
- The goal of utilizing the machines was to divert attention away from people and allow them to utilize their bodies as a source of energy.
- The film concludes with a revolt in which a hacker working under the guise of a computer programmer exposes the truth.
The Game (12.) (1997)
The game is another another masterpiece by Christopher Nolan, who has attempted to lead the cinema industry with films like Interstellar.
- The plot revolves on a wealthy banker (Nicholas Van Orton). Nicholas’ brother presented him with an unusual proposition on the eve of his birthday.
- Nicholas was perplexed by the gift. Accept the invitation and join the Consumer Recreation Services (CRS).
- Nicholas considered his brother’s suggestion at first. Nicholas, on the other hand, eventually accepted the offer.
- During the first several days, everything went well. However, the game quickly became a personal matter.
- Everything has now been made public. Nicholas’ life was not shrouded in secrecy.
- Nicholas’s brother, Orton, eventually gave it his all to fix his brother’s issue.
13. Separation (2016)
If you’re searching for a thrilling thriller, this is the film for you. Split has its origins in one of society’s most terrible ills: child abuse. You’ll be surprised by what occurs in Split. Let’s have a look.
- Split’s central character is a guy with many personalities. You’ll see that the guy (Kevin) has a total of 24 personalities.
- Kevin employs all of these personas to kidnap and imprison a large number of young women in a subterranean facility.
- You’ll soon figure out why Kevin is doing what he’s doing and why he’s on a mission. Kevin suffers from dissociative identity disorder. He was odd because of his condition.
Brazil (nineteenth) (1985)
Do you want to see a film that will go down in history as one of the greatest science-fiction films? You’ve taken care of everything. Brazil is an Interstellar film with a strong protagonist. The following is a synopsis of what occurs in this film:
- The film is directed by a low-ranking employee. Sam Lowry was a bureaucrat who just wanted to discover the lady of her dreams.
- Sam becomes the state’s adversary. Sam’s anti-state activities are motivated by his desire to be with the ladies of his dreams.
- As soon as Sam sets his sights on his goal, he runs into Jill Layton, the lady of his dreams.
- Sam aspired to be the ruler of the whole planet. He aspired to travel across the world. All of the efforts, however, were in vain.
- The film concludes with Sam facing serious charges. Sam was discovered to be a victim of the government’s inefficiency.
Inception is number fifteen (2010)
Christopher Nolan has given Interstellar viewers a new sort of film with Inception. A thief is at the center of the tale (Dom Cobb).
- Dom has the ability to read people’s minds when they are sleeping. Sam became well-known and well-known as a result of his exceptional talent.
- Dom is forced to sacrifice his loved ones as a result of this talent.
- Dom is offered the chance to be free of the atrocities he has done during his career.
- Dom was given the opportunity to take a person’s mind by Saito. Saito was interested in learning more about his competitor’s son’s thinking. As a result, Inception is at the center of this mind-bending Interstellar film.
Dark City (number 16) (1998)
Dark City, like Interstellar, is a box office smash. The following is a list of what you will see in this film. Let’s take a look at the gloomy city’s short history.
- Dark City’s John Murdoch is a memorable figure. John wakes up in a motel room one day.
- John learned of severe accusations leveled against him.
- John had a penchant for murdering a large number of unwitting victims. The issue was that John had no clue whether or not he was responsible for all of the killings.
- During his research, John discovered that the city had an underground gang.
- Many killings had been perpetrated by the crew. Many innocent people’s lives have been placed in jeopardy by the same gang. The term “Strangers” became synonymous with the group across the city.
- In today’s reality, Christopher Nolan named the film “Dark City” because of this.
The Prestige of Number 17 (2006)
The prestige is a psychological thriller film based on two close friends, similar to Interstellar. When compared to other Interstellar films, the narrative is one of a kind.
- Here, a feud between two close friends, Robert Angier and Alfred Borden, erupted. Both were professional musicians and close friends.
- Their relationship quickly devolved into animosity. The theatrical illusion was the source of that hate.
- The greatest stage illusion was produced by one of the two buddies. That made the other buddy feel like he was in a more competitive situation.
- The rivalry quickly devolved into animosity, and both parties began using risky methods. The final goal was to get greater notoriety.
Primer, no. 18 (2004)
The two smart engineers were Abe and Aaron. Both have begun developing an error-checking technology. Abe and Aaron decided to build a time machine after learning about error-checking technologies.
With the assistance of two common pals, Abe and Aaron created a time machine. However, both were soon forced to pay dearly for the discovery of the time machine.
They not only invented the time machine, but they also attempted to transfer people into it. That made Abe and Aaron very happy. Following that, each had to deal with the ramifications of their findings.
2001: A Space Odyssey (1981) (1981) (1981) (1981) (1981 (1968)
A Space Odyssey is a science-fiction film based on the exploration of space. The film is notable for the historical context that the author has depicted.
Dr. Dave Bowman, along with the other astronauts, is sent on an unknown mission. All of the astronauts listed above embarked on a space expedition after discovering an extraterrestrial monolith.
Although the film did not get much critical acclaim on a human level, it became renowned as a space film, with HAL serving as the computer component of their space journey. HAL, on the other hand, began to act oddly shortly after.
This film will also teach you that human-made machines are not flawless. Making machines may put your life in jeopardy.
Donnie Darko is the twenty-first film in the Donnie Darko series (2001)
Like Interstellar, Donnie Darko has been hailed as the greatest science fiction and horror film.
Donnie encountered a rabbit on a night in the 1980s. Donnie walked out of his home and continued walking till he came upon a rabbit. Donnie has been told by the rabbit that the world would end in 28 days.
Donnie returned to the home without much thought and discovered a damaged engine. Because this is a thought-provoking film, there must be something wrong with Donnie or his perspective. The cause may be Donnie’s mental condition, or the world will end in 28 days.
Vanilla Sky (number 21)
The vanilla sky is a science-fiction film about a personal injury. David Aames is involved in a vehicle accident. David’s face was scarred as a result of this. David pondered their real-life lives as a result of the event. David possessed a variety of emotions, including love, emotion, and pain, as his name suggests.
Black Swan (number 22)
The tale of a passionate dancer is told in A Black Swan. In every aspect of her life, Nina gives her all when it comes to dance. The director of “Swan Lake” held a casting call for future film actresses. Nina was a great match for the White Swan, and Lily was a fantastic match for the Black Swan, according to the director.
So, what’s next? Both dancers were soon pitted against one other. Both have begun to despise one another. Nina and Lily’s animosity evolved into friendship over time.
Enemy number 23
The adversary is reminiscent of the greatest Interstellar film. Several Interstellar fans have praised the film.
In this film, a professor (Adam) from a prestigious institution meets someone who looks just like him. Following that, Adam began covertly living the life of his like-looks guy. All of this occurred as a result of Adam’s previous tracking of the doppelganger.
The Jacket (#24) (2005)
The greatest Interstellar film in which a veteran (Jack) has been through a lot is The Jacket. Amnesia has afflicted the combat veteran. Jack was admitted to the hospital due to his sickness. There, Jack underwent a slew of tests in the name of therapy.
Jack was wrapped in a jacket and had strange injections. Jack found himself in an universe where he could go to the future at that period of his life.
Mr. Nobody is number 25. (2009)
Mr. Nobody is about a little kid who is undecided about where he should reside. Because of its unusual narrative, the film gained a lot of attention.
Jared Leto (perhaps the last mortal human) will be able to reflect on his previous lives here. Leto will also consider how his life could have been throughout his youth, adulthood, and older years.
26. The Shoe of a Dead Man (2004)
The tale of two brothers is told in Dead Man’s Shoe. Richard set out to discover the causes of his loving brother’s misery (Anthony). Richard quickly identified the perpetrator and began an investigation. With the passage of time, Richard learned about his brother’s involvements and strange actions.
Arrival (#27) (2016)
Fans of Interstellar will be familiar with the film Arrival. An extraterrestrial crew has landed on the Earth, as the name implies.
Arrival is about a spacecraft that crashed on Earth, bringing with it a swarm of aliens. Louise Banks is a linguist who has been assigned the task of learning the languages of all of the aliens.
28. The Law of Gravity (2013)
Gravity, like Interstellar, is one of the greatest and most mind-bending films ever made. The following is what occurs in this Interstellar film:
- In this film, a medical engineer becomes the first person to go into space.
- Two major people are at the center of the tale. Ryan Stone was the first medical engineer to enter space.
- At the same time, another well-known actor (Matt Kowalski) is preparing to take advantage of his last opportunity before retiring.
- Suddenly, their space shuttle is destroyed. As a consequence, they are both in a lot of trouble.
- There were no ties to the surface of the Earth.
- Ryan and Matt really want to live, but they have little hope of doing so.
- They were always looking for gravity, as the name suggests. In their darkest hour, Gravity was a beacon of hope.
- However, they plummeted deeper and farther away from their planet each time.
- Both have chosen to explore and go into space since they have little chance of survival.
- They did so since that was the only way they could get help.
Moon, No. 29 (2009)
The film Moon is a science fiction film about an astronaut. Sam Bell was the only astronaut to spend three years on the moon. The plot revolves on oil resources. The conventional oil supplies were replaced with helium-3. However, scientists find the extraction of this oil resource tedious.
- An astronaut, Sam Bell, has been assigned the task of making this procedure as simple as possible. During his time on the moon, he discovers a solution to his planet’s issues.
- Sam, unfortunately, is afflicted with illnesses including hallucinations, headaches, and extreme discomfort.
- He was also involved in an accident that forced him to start again.
- Sam was in the formative years of his life. For him, the accident was a mystery.
- He wanted to get to the bottom of the problem before his team arrived on the Moon.
30. Horizon of the Event (1997)
The term Event Horizon refers to a spaceship that went missing many years ago. The movie portrays a surprising reappearance of the lost spaceship.
After the spaceship returned, a crew began examining the wreckage to determine what caused it to disappear. The responsible team was effective in determining the causes. As a consequence, the researchers came to the conclusion that the spacecraft still retains remnants of the past.
Sunshine is number 31. (2007)
The film need no introduction since the title reveals the primary theme of the film. One of the mind-blowing Interstellar films is Sunshine. The plot revolves on rescuing the Sun.
The chosen crew has begun work on their assignment. However, time soon makes a U-turn. The whole gang was involved in an accident that placed their lives in jeopardy.
Solaris (number 32) (2002)
The storyline of Solaris is well-known for its perplexing nature. The plot centers on a strange planet. The planet has the ability to read people’s thoughts and provide them with items that they have previously misplaced. A disturbed psychologist is on the case, and he’s looking into a particular gang.
Time Lapse (number 33) (2014)
The story revolves on the lives of three buddies. Here, the three buddies went insane in order to live the life of their dreams. All of their pals create a photo machine that can photograph the events of their future.
The three buddies were relieved to discover that they can see into the future. However, their fantasies quickly turned into nightmares. The picture machine begins to produce a series of hazardous and breathtaking images. This has caused a slew of issues in their lives.
The Imitation Game (number 34) (2014)
It’s all about imitating in the imitation game. But what exactly is the plot of this Interstellar film?
Alan Turing is the main character in the game of impersonation. Alan joins a team to assist with the decoding of the codes. Alan joins a German mathematical team to break various codes for this reason.
Alan developed a machine that can break different German codes with the assistance of the team.
The imitation game is a mind-bending sci-fi Interstellar film known for its intriguing narrative and mind-bending sci-fi Interstellar film. From the moment it was released, the popularity of the copycat game began to climb the hills.
The Maritan is number 35. (2015)
The Maritan is a science fiction film about a stranded individual. Mark Watney became trapped on Mars while on a NASA mission. Mark, all of the crew members departed the planet under the impression that the storm had passed them by.
The actual pains and discoveries were a part of Mark’s life after that. Mark moved in and began to live there. Mark’s ultimate goal in life, though, was to discover a method to return to his home planet.
If the concept of time travel sounds a little too far-fetched for you, you may be a little too close-minded. It’s a whole new way of thinking, a way of looking at the world that’s often overlooked because the idea of traveling through time is so far-fetched. However, there are quite a few films that tackle the problem of time travel that aren’t just about the subject, but manage to be entertaining and thought-provoking as well.. Read more about movies like inception and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What movie should I watch if I like Interstellar?
If you like Interstellar, you should watch A Quiet Place.
Is Interstellar a mind bending movie?
Interstellar is a mind bending movie.
Is Interstellar 2 coming out?
Yes, it is set to be released on November 4th.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- futuristic movies
- movies like interstellar on netflix
- movies like edge of tomorrow
- movies like looper
- interstellar 2